Nuclear Power is Inevitable
Recently, I woke up one morning with a profound confidence regarding nuclear power. I have no idea what triggered this, but I will accept the gift with appreciation and gratitude. Here are some things we have going for us:
- We have the truth about nuclear power. We don’t have to tell lies about fossil fuels.
- Nuclear power is millions of times denser than fossil fuels.
- Nuclear power is millions of times cleaner than fossil fuels.
- Nuclear power can provide for the needs (at Western living standards) for the entire world. (Yeah, I know that scares the beejeebers out of the green crowd.)
- There is enough uranium, plutonium, and thorium to power the entire world for millennia.
- The technology has been demonstrated again and again.
- Truth and charity are more powerful than lies and greed.
- The world needs what nuclear alone can provide.
What I am not saying about the new nuclear age:
- Incumbent energy providers are not going to resist the setting of their stars and the rise of everyone else’s.
- Incumbents won’t use their political allies to try and stop the new nuclear age.
- Incumbents won’t continue to fund greenies to spread FUD (fear, uncertainty, and doubt) about nuclear power.
- There won’t be opposition in all things.
- It will happen overnight.
- It won’t take years.
The incumbents are going to resist, I expect them to. But nuclear power is a million times denser, a million times cleaner, more abundant, etc.
Can you imagine the whale oil folks resisting the coming of petroleum 150 years ago? I’m sure they did resist, but petroleum was so much better than whale oil. Think of fossil fuel as the whale oil of tomorrow.
The new nuclear age is still years away and I have my work cut out for me, but I am full of confidence, thanks to the gift!